Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: bleeding nessus

From: Renaud Deraison <deraison () nessus org>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 15:36:18 -0700

Gadi Evron (ge () linuxbox org) wrote :

> I believe (I am naturally, delusional) that you (Tenable) did

> indeed put your name on plugin(s) you did not write.

Gadi,

Please back up your claims. As the person committed over 99% of the plugins which are in the CVS repository, I'm simply insulted by what you're saying.

Please list the plugins whose (C) we have modified, please list the websites that we have "squashed" with the original plugins, I'd be very interested seeing them.

We _never_ change the name of the authors of a plugin. Leaving ethics and law aside, that would be a very stupid move: not only it's not like there's a shortage of vulnerabilities to write plugins for, but if the human being who wrote the plugin originally actually discovered that, I guess he would (rightfully) talk about it on every public mailing list, including the Nessus mailing lists (which are not moderated). If someone is smart enough to write a plugin, he's probably smart enough to complain when he sees his work being stolen.

When someone submits a plugin, I _never_ touch the script_copyright() call. Even when I end up fixing all the plugin code and only keep the description part of the plugin.

I also pointed out numerous times that if people do not trust us (or me), they can submit their plugins to the plugins-writers mailing list so that everyone can see who submitted what.

What you're doing is slander and libel - back up your claims or STFU.

                    -- Renaud