Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: [ISN] Security experts hit out at "unethical" bugfinder

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:04:38 +0200

halvar () gmx de wrote:
Hey all,

I don't really have much to comment on the disclosure issue itself as it has been beaten to death, and I find almost any disclosure method, when done without total disregard to the English language and common sense - reasonable.

First of all, Drew Copley is in the process of creating brand-name-recognition for
Immunity in a major and very cheap way :-)

All I really have to say is what a friend kept telling me a couple of years back. Joe Mcafee used to say: "as long as they talk about you", and he was blamed with pretty much everything from being a VX-er to whoever knows what.

It's free publicity, enjoy it.

As to others, consider what someone keeps telling me this day and age: "you can pee in the pool, just not from the jumping board".

One thing that I believe we can all agree on though is that anyone would look really silly if they call Dave a blackhat.

        Gadi.