Dailydave mailing list archives

What The Hack -- call for papers

From: Bas Alberts <bas.alberts () immunitysec com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:20:46 -0500

It's that special time again.. not I have any affiliations with WTH's
organisation, but by virtue of being Dutch I felt it's my duty to
spam the only 'hacker' event where actual 'hackers' show up.. (ok
not counting those 2600 weenies)

"What The Hack" Hacker Outdoor Conference
July 28-31, 2005 near Boxtel/Den Bosch, The Netherlands

Every four years, members of the Dutch hacker scene like to throw an
outdoor festival / conference / camp-out. At these events, the visitors
usually stay in tents or other mobile living facilities on the site of
the event, and much of the atmosphere is a strange mix between both very
relaxed and vibrant at the same time. Major developments in the world of
Internet (and God knows where else) started because the right people met
at one of these events. The New York Times likened the 1997 edition to a
"Woodstock for Hackers".

The 2005 edition of these extravaganzas is called "What The Hack", and
the organizing committee is soliciting abstracts from those who have an
interest in presenting something there.
Topics

Like previous editions, the conference side of this multi-faceted event
will cover traditional 'hacker topics' such as:

# Computer security
# The politics surrounding the net
# Freedom of speech
# 'Lawful' access technology