Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Speaking about a market for vulnerabilies

From: dan () geer org
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:34:16 -0500

Dick Power writes:
 |  One final note to mr. geer - as you have stated in
 |  the past, complexity is the enemy of security.  Why is
 |  it every time you write about security your geer-speak
 |  is so complex that it seems to take the better part of
 |  a day to get to your (always brilliant) message?  I
 |  feel like I'd become enlightened if I had a year to
 |  decipher the volumes you've written. Perhaps a morsel
 |  of that brain power might be directed at simplifing
 |  your communications to a point that those down in the
 |  trenches stop looking up at your posts like they're
 |  some sort of message from outer space...
 |
 |  heh, just a thought from an ardent admirer who still
 |  has problems spelling and hates to have to save-off 99%
 |  of your messages for that day that I have time to
 |  perform crytanalysis on them; and hates to see you get
 |  so much shit (publicly and privately) every time you
 |  hit SEND.

I plead guilty to always trying to make
messages as compact as possible;  sometimes
I manage loss-less compression, sometimes
not.  Apparently I need to re-tune.  Sorry
(and I mean that).  As to getting shit, the
quality of opponents is holding up pretty
well so we must be on to something!

And thanks for the kind words.

Humbly,

--dan