Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Wiley does bad science

From: <halvar () gmx de>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:50:43 -0800

Hey Dave,

Concerning the trivia question: I really suck at trivia.
Now, which famous german hackers are there from that era ? Hagbard, Tron ?

Concerning the chinese government stuff: Let's not underestimate all other
governments. I think that anybody who does his homework (and in my idealistic world .govs do their homework) has used TcpSendSock etc. on IIS exploits. And anyoone who writes an ISAPI exploit w/o using the handy callbacks for communication
is not doing stuff right.

Btw, does Wrox press still exists ? Do they still publish excellent russian books ?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1874416346/104-4608982-6493533?v=glance
I assume that as usual the authors made no money on this, but if there is one book
that will always have an honourable place on my shelf, it's this.

Cheers,
Halvar