Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Api hooking papers ?

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:14:47 -0800

Nicolas RUFF wrote:
On Windows XP SP2, download the debug symbols for ws2_32.dll and look for CheckForHookersOrChainers(). This function will match GetProcAddress() results against all functions defined in the apfns[] array ...

On the other hand, so far all of the XP SP2 dlls I've looked at so far have left room at the beginning of each function for a couple of JMPs, which would making hooking that much easier if you switch techniques. I haven't checked ws2_32.dll specifically, yet.

                                                BB