Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: ms04-031 pre-auth ??

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:05:10 -0400

Matt Hargett wrote:

Sinan Eren wrote:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-031.mspx

We have located the vulnerable function and just recently wrote the CANVAS module for it but all our tests showed that the NetDDE vulnerability can not be exploited with a NULL session a.k.a with "Anonymous Logon" credentials.

Can you share the function name/location, perchance? :) I'm curious what the bug looks like.

You need to make those new VC's cough up $995! Then, not only do you get the function name, but you get a nice exploit with all of our internal documentation. We even include a GUI! And, for bonus fun, it won't be caught by Snort if you move the covertness bar to the right hand side. :>

Dave Aitel
VP Marketing
Immunity, Inc.