Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Heathrow scanner experiences?

From: Nick <nick () kiwi-hacker net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:25:12 +0000

Thorsten Holz said the following on 19/11/2004 14:20:

Paul Wouters wrote:

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has gone through this scanner
and what their experience was.

A friend of mine flew to London a few weeks ago and was voluntary
scanned. He did not report any disturbances.

BTW: "Spiegel online", one of Germanys biggest news-sites, covered the
topic last week. You can find a translation of the article at

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/technologie/0,1518,327287,00.html

It also has a picture of an image taken by one of these scanners.

Erm,

Where's that guys belt buckle, cufflinks, buttons etc? from the image in Spiegel ezine. It looks to me like he is wearing a lycra cat suit not real clothes... Can anyone comment on the technology used to remove the clothing and not show any of it on that image? I mean it sees body hair so why not clothing?

Nothing interesting like that when i came thru Gatwick last week, just the usually bored HMCE offical glancing at the passports...

Nick.