Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: More ring0 fun!

From: ned <nd () felinemenace org>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 02:07:28 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Dave Aitel wrote:

I had to beat Sinan at his own game, so I found 2 more ring0 bugs today,
and remote ones. :> I know it annoys people when we give out
vulnerability information like this, with no actual details, but just
think of it as a streaming version of eEye's bug calendar.  Except, I
guess, our calendar starts at -5 years, since we don't plan on sending
them to the vendor.
http://www.eeye.com/html/research/upcoming/index.html .

One thing I do like about eEye's little web page is that they put the
operating systems affected, so I can mix and match to see if they have
the same bugs we do, by seeing which OS's our bugs affect. It's just a
guess, but sometimes it puts my fears to rest. :>

Anyways, just to give back to them, mine affect Windows 2000 and XP,
which are the only two OS's I've tested so far.

anyone work with any of the systems from top500.org and want to do us all
a favour? :)

9b3997fde23ee680319c76efc76925e1
e749bcaf8d38dc3f76ad325a0cbeb259

-dave