Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: ASLR, Mail Spools, and Ego

From: Sinan Eren <sinan.eren () immunitysec com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:21:29 -0500 (EST)

I think these "proud" vendors are probably proud for a reason.
Doing a solid HIPS implemtation in windows is probably a decent
amount harder than say, slapping a python gui on 3rd-world-labor-
exploits.  I think if anything, they've come a long way, and are
continuing to get better.  I'm sure the authors understand their
limitations, but just because it isn't 100% (which would be very
hard, specially 3rd party), doesn't mean they deserve to get torn
at by some arrogant dick.  I don't know when you got so high headed,
 maybe dave is wearing off on you.

ohh dont give me that bullshit, i have been there! there is nothing
special about HIPS development than any other software in particular.
you do it good, it stands for itself or if you chose to burry yourself
into crap like biological immune systems, execution flow graph analysis
(which all sound pretty damn smart on a marketing brochure) you'll get
yourself into a programming nightmare and its your bloody stupidity,
plus it wont accomplish much (but false positives, lots of
exceptions and blue screens are guaranteed facts)

also they have not come a long way at all, all the major names in the
market are terribly badly written and can be bypassed. we wont be giving
out any proof just because you manage to be a decent dickhead.

plus dont give me the crap about MS being closed source and undocumented,
most decent kernel engineers found it even more understandable to look at
the assembly rather than code. actually i found it much more easier to
develop code for MS windows than any other unix platform, MS provides a
decent IDE and many amazing resource such like MSDN (much better any other
documentation system any other vendor provides). its not rocket science
not at all ...

so stop being a twofaced kid, endure the pain! you are just incompetent to
make yourself a happy, justified person. you will have many more years
ahead to advance in your skills and become self-satisfaying
human being, just not know ...

Sinan