Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: a war on all fronts is a war on none

From: H D Moore <hdm-daily-dave () digitaloffense net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:00:21 -0500

I remember reading that exact statement in Howard's latest book[1], which
besides being a product of Microsoft Press, is actually a decent read.
The value in the book is not so much the techniques it shows, but the
commentary behind why those techniques are important and the subtle hints
as to what applications were hosed because of it. The section on token
management was especially insightful when taking a harder look at some of
the network services in Windows 2000. Even if you despise everything
coming from that company, the view from the other side is always
interesting :)

1. http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/5957.asp