Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: My pre-Vegas question to Yuji, et. al.

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:03:52 -0400

Matt Hargett wrote:

David Maynor wrote:

I INVENTED EAX AND EBX. Some other guy came up with ECX though. I want
a nickle everything anybody uses shellcode that copies anything into
either of them. Since I am a nice guy, I don't want anything when
values are copied out. Man if only I had come up with ESI and EDI
instead.

I tend to use phrases like "my implementation of these ideas" to indicate that I'm not under the delusion that I am the first person to think of, or implement things like this. I try to be very careful about things like this so I don't sound like as much of an egomaniac and some other people.

There is someone in the community who is trying to discredit the novel things I've done independantly, maybe you're listening to that guy?

That actually wasn't "you" related, I was just going off on something else mentally at the time. :>
-dave