Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: [Fwd: Why I love Spike..]

From: "Mike Bailey" <mike.bailey () sunbladesecurity com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 10:25:30 -0400

I tried hard to make SPIKE as unusable as possible, and yet
still people use it. QA teams, for the most part, don't
however. I believe this is because most of them don't have
anyone on staff who knows C, which is probably the original
idea behind Greg Hoglund putting a GUI on a fuzzer and trying
to resell it to them. I still think this would work, if you
priced it right. Something simple, but customizable.

It would certainly sell.  Make it really intuitive to help coddle the
process along and relatively inexpensive so as not to choke the budgets and
people would use it.  From QA staff to sysadmins to security folk.   It's
already powerful, It just needs "simple" to get into the hands of the
masses.