Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: PaX PoC-exploit.

From: Joel Eriksson <je-dailydave () bitnux com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 23:29:59 +0200

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 07:21:01PM +0400, Evgeny Demidov wrote:
Hello,

I wonder how W^X deals with these kind of attacks. It was
quite a while since I used OpenBSD on any of my machines,
and after hearing about the discoveries of a friend of mine
while auditing the OpenBSD-kernel for a couple of hours I
feel even less inclined to use it again. ;) Seems Theo
and company should read up a bit on how to use integers.

Somehow I am sure that openbsd dev team knows pretty well
how to use integers ;-)

They have quite some problems with when to use signed/unsigned
ones though. :)

Best regards
-Evgeny Demidov

--