Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: oooh, isc2 gets p0wned

From: "Halvar Flake" <HalVar () gmx de>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 00:16:58 +0200 (MEST)

Hey all,

Its just amazing how Microsoft managed to turn that many companies into
their sock puppets. Nothing like a little financial incentive to bend
those boilerplate ethics...

In the end, fsck em :-) I mean, more or less all interesting bug searching
is done by _individuals_ -- some of them happen to work for companies, but
in general, most of the underwriters of OIS are not very active bughunters.
Basically, what we see with OIS is security companies selling to MS the
lie that they are the ones doing all the "research", and MS paying money
to them to get them to play by their rules. As the true bughunting happens
outside of this circle, I feel that OIS is not much to worry about :-)

Cheers,
Halvar

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl