Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Re: Lame studies that people quote as fact that have no basis in reality and still don't prove anything even if they did

From: Rodney Thayer <rodney () canola-jones com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:46:40 -0800

At 03:29 PM 2/4/2004 -0700, a reader wrote:
On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:18:10AM -0800, Rodney Thayer
(rodney () canola-jones com) wrote:
In 1981 we had IBM PCs, except for the real stud geeks who had
AT's.

Your time-memory is a bit fuzzy (getting old sucks).  I was a mere 1-2-3
user on an IBM AT in 1985 not many months after they were introduced (in
1984).

In my experience anything before IE 5 is considered ancient history
by most security types.  I frankly didn't bother to check my facts.
I stand corrected.