Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Lame studies that people quote as fact that have no basis in reality and still don't prove anything even if they did

From: "Anton A. Chuvakin" <anton () chuvakin org>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:33:19 -0500 (EST)

This is crap. If you spend your whole life looking for security bugs in
your product, then you find them. Continuously. You'll end up finding at
It well might be crap (I personally don't know), but I think his main
point was:

"Yes, it's faster and cheaper to design security into software than bolt
it on afterward. But it's even fasterer and cheaperer to build crappy
software to get the project rolled out immediately, please your boss and
help the company make its quarterly number. Guess which path most
organizations will always take."

rather than whatever "6.5" times numbers to compare before and after QA.

Best,
--
Anton A. Chuvakin, Ph.D., GCIA, GCIH
     http://www.info-secure.org