Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: dtlogin advisory

From: "Nahual" <nahual () g-con org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:20:35 -0600

Antisec fight!!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thor Larholm" <thor () pivx com>
To: "Dave Aitel" <dave () immunitysec com>; <dailydave () lists immunitysec com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 9:11 PM
Subject: RE: [Dailydave] dtlogin advisory

Can any one security researcher still post to lists and not get bounces
from AV vendors? ;)

AVs are waaaayyyy to easy to bypass :) ...

A more interesting twist on content controversies on the net might be
how the "dirty seven" are officially censored from the .US TLD.

http://lists.jscript.dk/pipermail/seclegal_lists.jscript.dk/2004-March/0000
29.html

well use fsck instead!!! (fsck! i use it!)

Even if you do not publicly release those advisories you still notify
the vendors first, right?

Err why?

I still wonder why should i insist and hasle with vendors, my research is
just mine not even for my buddies (I know i owe you the php injection module
Dave i have it already dude sorry tons of work), besides the vendor will
eventually release the bug killing it and having every single
pseudo-security consultant / whitehat / greyhat / kiddie with a good bug. My
research in the hands of some idiot who will say he is the shit because he
runs my exploit (and then he blasts at me!!), which believe it or not has
happened.

Then even virii authors use the bug and make it hardcore (ala blaster), so
why release bugs? have fun with them play around share with your friends. At
the end all the talk can come and go but the ethics are each own and
everyone should know who he shares programs with. I sometimes get codes i
admit it but i use them to learn new techniques, I suck at coding but i tend
to get better if i read good code and good code is never THAT easy to come
around ....

SO ANTISEC FIGHT!!!!! ANTISEC FIGHT!!!!! ANTISEC FIGHT!!!!!!!

LoL!

//Nahual