Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Information Security Principles

From: jeremy () austin ibm com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:22:30 -0600

Quoting gf gf (unknownsoldier93 () yahoo com):
I realize now that my training and experience have
been mainly in the low level, applied end - what most
of us would consider the meat - protocols, app
security, OS internals, etc.  I'd like to expand my
horizons a bit, and look at things from the other end
- more general, more abstract - getting the bigger
picture on information security.  Yes, we tend to
write these things off as fluff - but there is
something to be said for them, as well.

What does everyone think about this?

Could anyone recommend a good book on these topics?

ummm... a cissp study guide? ;^)

--
Jeremy Kelley <jeremy () austin ibm com>          Threat Assessment Analyst
[gpg 1024D/E0DF8B2D | 4BC3 B8B5 5B42 CC8E B6A9 2E85 32D3 C51C E0DF 8B2D]