Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Advisory Day!

From: Rodney Thayer <rodney () canola-jones com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 08:13:39 -0800

At 02:29 AM 3/4/2004 -0800, arlen wrote:

BTW - Tiago - most interesting anecdote, did you write an advisory, or
let the vendor know? Apart from anything else if they're distributing
Linux or GNU code without a license Something Should Be Done ;)

If I ever see a vendor shipping OpenSSL (I know that license the best)
without attribution I make a point of telling them and I tell
the OpenSSL team.  Someday someone who sells lots of routers
and has many buildings on a surface street in nearby San Jose will
get caught for violating the GPL but not today, I fear.