Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: SSH host key fingerprint - through HTTPS

From: Jamie Riden <jamie.riden () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 11:50:24 +0100

If your HTTPS is not being MiTMed as well... (or the edge case - if it
is not John Leo doing the MiTMing of your SSH connection :)

If you trust Mr Leo *and* you know what that HTTPS cert should look
like, it may be of use. Personally, I'd rather do it more out-of-band
than this, but could be handy in a pinch I guess.

cheers,
 Jamie