Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache suEXEC privilege elevation / information disclosure

From: Reindl Harald <h.reindl () thelounge net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 09:55:14 +0200

Am 13.08.2013 00:42, schrieb Brandon M. Graves:
I hate to come late to the party, but following all of this, it is kind of
ridiculous.

 I have to agree with those before in saying software should ship secure.
in my environment whenever we are given a new bit to add to our
infrastructure, be it a new server, new version of an OS, or new version
of a software, either A) it comes to us from those at our distribution
point pre templated to be unusable due to security, or B) we first make
it unusable by configuring every possible security setting to be as tight
as possible...

nobody said anything else

but "Apache suEXEC privilege elevation" is *not* a suEXEC
problem and that's the whole point - people in this thread
mixing a lot of different things partly with no clue