Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Binary Planting Goes "EXE"

From: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 22:18:13 +0200

For what it's worth (to your research) there are also hybrids; ie, a
normal executable can be executed from a dll perspective, as the other
way round; they're the same format.
Executables simply have a specific "standard" entry point.

Thought I'd remind you that this "vuln" might exist in less known
places; who knows, even perhaps kernel drivers.

Cheers,
Chris.