Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: [Full-disclosure] XSS in Oracle default fcgi-bin/echo

From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor () hammerofgod com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 21:14:53 +0000

You make wrong assumptions, and jump to conclusions:
- Not anyone, but bona-fide ones only.
- I do not "own" an Oracle site to test.
Were not those obvious to right-thinking people?

You misunderstand.  Irrespective of the method you choose to validate "bona-fide" recipients of your PoC, you will have
no control over what the recipient chooses to do with it once they have it.  As such, logic dictates that your PoC be
considered "public" the moment you release it.   If there was any "obvious" point missed, it was that fact.

My original position stands:  either disclose the code publically - in other words - don't fool yourself into thinking
you are somehow being responsible by "validating" recipients prior, or simply send the code to Oracle and ask them if
works or not.  It's unfortunate that you consider simple logic as assumptive or a presupposition but I respect your
right to do so.