Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Two independent vulnerabilities (client and server side) in Quake3 engine and many derived games

From: P0ndera () msn com
Date: 5 Jul 2010 21:57:22 -0000

Hello,

I hate to reply directly and bother you, but I feel I have no alternative. I run a MOH:BT-Demo server and I have had a
problem with hackers disabling our RCON. So, obviously, we can't kick or ban them out of the server - giving them
complete immunity, and leaving us completely vulnerable.

Would you know of a fix to disable this exploit of overloading the server to disable RCON?

I would really, really appreciate your help.
Thanks so much.

-P