Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Flaw in Microsoft Domain Account CachingAllows Local Workstation Admins to Temporarily EscalatePrivileges and Login as Cached Domain Admin Accounts (2010-M$-002)

From: "StenoPlasma @ ExploitDevelopment" <StenoPlasma () exploitdevelopment com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 08:20:21 -0800

Stefan,

For you information:

Cached domain accounts on a local system are not stored in the SAM.  They
are stored in the SECURITY registry hive.  When a cached domain user logs
in to the system, they do not authenticate against the SAM (As you can see
in my article, I am not editing the SAM).

StenoPlasma at ExploitDevelopment.com
www.ExploitDevelopment.com