Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Multiple vulnerabilities in several ATEN IP KVM Switches

From: "Glenn Rossi" <dragon () midatlanticbb com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:56:13 -0400

I emailed you last week but did not receive a response.

What about units like the CN5000 that do not appear anywhere on your
website?  We have two of these and are very concerned about the below-
referenced vulnerability.

Will a firmware upgrade for these units be forthcoming as well, or do
we now own hundreds of dollars worth of paperweights?

This is Technical Support Team from ATEN.

Firstly, we appreciate all suggestions from Germany TUB LAB.
Undoubtedly, guaranteeing our KVM products with robust security
mechanism is our responsibility.

After discussing with Germany TUB LAB, we believe all security issues
could be fixed by new Firmware version as below.

- KH1508i/KH1516i v1.0.068
- KN9108/KN9116 v1.1.109
- PN9108 v1.8.179

Scheduled Release Date is around Aug. 17, 2009

Please visit our ATEN official site later.
http://www.aten.com/download/download.php

As for SSL Certificate, SSL Certificate import function has built into
our KVM above with new firmware. We strongly suggest our KVM users to
import their individual Certificate for advanced security concern. We
will tell our KVM users how to generate their own Certificate by
openssl tool in our product manual later.

Thanks,
ATEN SUPPORT

--
Glenn Rossi
Operations/Security/Engineering

web:    http://www.midatlanticbb.com
email:  mailto:webmaster () midatlanticbb com
fax:    (410) 727-8245
handle: dragon
MidAtlantic BroadBand
729 East Pratt St., Suite 440
Baltimore, MD USA 21202
Without security, freedom is not possible.