Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Linksys phone adapter denial of service

From: Michael VERGOZ <mv () binarysec com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 05:53:16 +0100

Hi

Tested on SPA-942 (1.0.1(7817)).
The web interface crash but the phone works and after a call the web interface works again.

mv-

J. Oquendo wrote:
orsino wrote:
There's a difference between being able to get onto a network (via wifi
maybe?) and getting physical access to a device.

For starters this is a VoIP device (Product Name: SPA-2102), but even if it weren't it makes no difference to me and in the security realm it shouldn't make a difference to anyone else either.

1) I don't have an open network and if you do and are on this list its either going to be a honeypot or for theft of information (bad guys roam this list too)

2) Think about how insanely stupid it would be to "go on a live network" then ping a VoIP device offline. What does this accomplish other then pure stupidity.

3) Where is the vendor contact information. Was this meant to be posted to Bugtrag or Fool Disclosure?

--
Michael Vergoz
BinarySEC SAS - Research & Development