Bugtraq mailing list archives

ASP Product catalog SQL injection vulnerability

From: joseph.giron13 () gmail com
Date: 30 Sep 2007 02:25:14 -0000

ASP Product catalog SQL injection vulnerability.

A nice little SQL injection vulnerability exists within ASP Product Catalog. The application fails to check for bad
input from GET'd variables used in SQL query operations. In this case, the variable [cid] can be used for SQL injection
queries. Example:

http://www.example.com/Catalog/catalog.asp?cid=8%20union%20all%20select%20Password,User_ID,Password,User_ID,Password,User_ID,Password%20from%20admin#

For those unfamiliar with how I got the table names and fields, it was retireved from the mdb file included with Asp
Product catalog. A few oder by's reveals 9 columns...And we grab our username and password from the list. Now, we can
login to our catalog and have fun.

http://www.example.com/catalog/login.asp

Stay secure.