Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Apple Safari on MacOSX may reveal user's saved passwords

From: "Lucas, Mark J." <mjlucas () caltech edu>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:58:23 -0700

If I'm reading this correctly, there has to be a malicious user at the
console of a logged in computer (or connected in some other
authenticated way).  If I have a malicious user at my console logged in
as me, I've got more problems than web form passwords being revealed.

Am I reading this incorrectly?

Apple Safari on Macosx may reveal user's saved passwords. A local user
with
legitimate access to the system is able to steal keychained password
by injecting
javascripts into a loaded webpage via applescript.
It seems that safari fails to validate the source of injected code,
however apple
belives this is the correct behaviour so no fixes will be made
available.