Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Having Fun With PostgreSQL

From: Ray Stell <stellr () cns vt edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:56:56 -0400

It would probably be fair to mention that dblink is not a product that
is installed by default in pg.

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 07:11:47PM +0200, Nico Leidecker wrote:
Dear list,

I'd like to present a paper about security issues with PostgreSQL. The paper describes weaknesses in the
configuration that may allow attackers to escalade privileges, execute shell commands and to upload arbitrary
(binary) files via SQL injections.

You can either get the TXT version from http://www.leidecker.info/pgshell/Having_Fun_With_PostgreSQL.txt
Or as PDF at at http://www.portcullis.co.uk/uplds/whitepapers/Having_Fun_With_PostgreSQL.pdf

The paper comes with a tool called `pgshell' that can be downloaded at http://www.leidecker.info/pgshell/

Cheers,
Nico

--
  Lost time is when we learn nothing from the experiences of life. Time
 gained is when we grow to have a wisdom that is tested in the reality of life.