Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Re: Oracle Buffer Overflows in DBMS_CAPTURE_ADM_INTERNAL

From: shatter () appsecinc com
Date: 29 Jan 2007 19:54:47 -0000

Correction to security advisories published by TeamSHATTER.

Unfortunatelly our advisories published last week had a few minor typos regarding the versions affected. Please find
corrections to the following advisories:

- Oracle Database Buffer overflow vulnerabilities in procedure DBMS_LOGMNR.ADD_LOGFILE (CPU DB04)
Affected Versions: 9i
http://www.appsecinc.com/resources/alerts/oracle/2007-01.shtml

- Oracle Database Buffer overflow vulnerability in procedure DBMS_LOGREP_UTIL.GET_OBJECT_NAME (CPU DB08)
Affected Versions: 9iR2 and 10gR1
http://www.appsecinc.com/resources/alerts/oracle/2007-02.shtml

- Oracle Database Buffer overflow vulnerabilities in procedure DBMS_REPCAT_UNTRUSTED.UNREGISTER_SNAPSHOT (CPU DB07)
Affected Versions: 9i and 10gR1
http://www.appsecinc.com/resources/alerts/oracle/2007-03.shtml

- Oracle Database Buffer overflow vulnerabilities in procedures of package DBMS_CAPTURE_ADM_INTERNAL (CPU DB09)
Affected Versions: 9iR2 and 10gR1
http://www.appsecinc.com/resources/alerts/oracle/2007-06.shtml

The impact of all these vulnerabilities is as described in our advisories.

Our thanks to Steven Christey of Mitre for bringing this to our attention.

TeamSHATTER