Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Sourceforge compromized?

From: "Serguei A. Mokhov" <mokhov () cs concordia ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:57:45 -0500 (EST)

Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 06:40:21 -0500

http://yapig.sourceforge.net/demo/photos/photos2291.html

(no one under 18 should click on that link above, it may violate state
laws doing so)

Could someone from sourceforge.net comment? What else is compromised on
the server?

Can just anyone post anything to any directory or are there specific
directories that can be hacked?

Is it just yapig.sourceforge.net?

Yes, 'yapig' is one of the many thousands projects on the sf.net. Every
project gets a soft quota of 100Mb web space to put whatever they "want".
("Want" in a sense the project memebers may have shell access and can
upload arbitrary contents, presumably should be legal contents..., but
they users get to control what to put under their project space.)

Either case, I should suggest everyone be careful about what you
download from sourceforge till they do a full code audit and post the
results here.

If you find offensive or illegal content on sf.net (I did not check the
link you provided), I suggest you report it to SourceForge here:

  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=1&atid=200001

--
Serguei A. Mokhov            |  /~\    The ASCII
Computer Science Department  |  \ / Ribbon Campaign