Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: HYSA-2006-005 WordPress 2.0.1 Remote DoS Exploit

From: Don Voita <don () cs ucsb edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 16:24:13 -0800

If you have the register user functionality disabled, like I do, you can rename wp-register.php to something else. This workaround prevented the DoS for me, and will hold you over until the developers have a chance to address this.

Don

h4cky0u.org () gmail com wrote:
      HYSA-2006-005 h4cky0u.org Advisory 014
Date - Wed March 08 2006

TITLE:
======

WordPress 2.0.1 Remote DoS Exploit

SEVERITY:
=========

Medium

SOFTWARE:
=========

Wordpress 2.0.1 and prior

INFO:
=====

WordPress is a state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and
usability. What a mouthful. WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.

Support Website : http://wordpress.org/

FIX:
====

No fix available as of date.