Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: WMF vulnerability was a deliberate backdoor?

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:58:22 +0200

Brooks, Shane wrote:
I've recently had my attention brought to a post from Steve Gibson in the grc.com forums, which contains the following
quote:

<snippet>
The only conclusion that can reasonably be drawn is that this [setAbortProc procedure] was a deliberate backdoor put into all of Microsoft's recent editions of Windows.
</snippet>

full article here:
http://www.grc.com/x/news.exe?cmd=article&group=grc.news.feedback&item=60006

thoughts?

www.GRCsucks.com

That is the most comprehensive answer you would ever need.

IMO, GRC deserves respect for trying to do good, as well as raising awareness. Other than that he usually is:
1. Ill informed.
2. Informed of things that happened 3 years ago.
3. Does "disinformation campaigns" on us whenever he is wrong, which is often (quote taken from him).
4. LOVES TO TALK TO THE MEDIA.

In other words, he is often wrong -- bases little on fact, and does it in the media.

        Gadi.