Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Installation of software, and security. . .

From: joop gerritse <jjge () xs4all nl>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:17:33 +0200

On Sunday 17 July 2005 21:52, Klaus Schwenk wrote:
I had some similar thoughts on that topic recently and do agree with you
that the current habit of installation handling has several problems.

First of all (at least on MS-based OS's) it's pretty hard to tell what
exactly is done by the installer. Even harmless software does not always
keep a log of its actions nor is it observed by some system service. As

Occasionally, I have been using INCTRL5 to check at least the most obvuious
items for change before and after installation.

--
Joop Gerritse
Mühlenstraße 11