Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Various Buffer Overflows in Oracle 10g Tools

From: "David Litchfield" <davidl () ngssoftware com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:55:35 -0000

Hi Jose,
I'm away from my linux box at the moment; are any of these tools setuid/setgid? I'm trying to ascertain the risk posed. If none of these overflows present a privilege escalation opportunity then there is no risk posed. If these tools are setuid/setgid then, needless to say there is a risk.
Cheers,
David Litchfield