Bugtraq mailing list archives

An Illustrated Guide to IPSec

From: Steve Friedl <steve () unixwiz net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:25:04 -0700

Hello listmates,

One of the most widespread security protocols is IPSec, but many of
us have found that the number of knobs and settings and switches gets
really overwhelming. I was in that boat as well, so I dove in and wrote
a paper that covers IPSec at the protocol level.

It doesn't cover things like Key Exchange yet (that's the *next* paper),
but it's got a lot of detail that should be comforting to any TCP/IP
geeks.

        Unixwiz.net Tech Tip: An Illustrated Guide to IPSec
        http://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/iguide-ipsec.html

It's amazing how much one learns by writing about it...

Steve

--
Stephen J Friedl | Security Consultant |  UNIX Wizard  |   +1 714 544-6561
www.unixwiz.net  | Tustin, Calif. USA  | Microsoft MVP | steve () unixwiz net