Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Remote IIS 5.x and IIS 6.0 Server Name Spoof

From: "Sacha Faust" <sfaust () spidynamics com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:43:52 -0400

 That's correct. Back in 2000-2001 I reported to Microsoft that they were using SERVER_NAME variable in some of their
sample application which made some site even more vulnerable. Any server variable should be considered untrusted and
validated like any other user input. This is the reason why our SecureObject product as been detecting server variable
usage and protecting them automatically.

For more information visit http://www.spidynamics.com/products/devinspectso2003/index.html

Sacha Faust
Manager - SPILabs
S.P.I. Dynamics, Inc.