Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Serious flaw in Linksys wireless AP password security

From: "Robert Thompson Jr." <rthompson () columbiabank com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:59:15 -0700

Thank you for the link.  I appreciate it.

After reading through it, I am beginning to see where I may have
misunderstood what you were getting at.

When I was attempting to get into the router, with WZC set open, and
encryption was enabled on my router, but not on my nic, there was no
connecting.

And with a wrong key, no connecting.

BUT - one thing that I did not do, was attempt to connect to the router
via WZC with the encryption turned ON but with no key supplied.  I
always had a key loaded should the encryption be enabled.

I will test encryption on with no key when I get home tonight and see
what happens.  Unfortunately, I will have to flash back down to the
4.50.6 firmware, BUT I'm curious.

Again, thank you for the link...