Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: SLMail 5.x POP3 Remote Pass Buffer Overflow Exploit

From: Jerome ATHIAS <jerome () athias fr>
Date: 21 Nov 2004 02:44:29 -0000

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, [iso-8859-1] J=E9r=F4me ATHIAS wrote:

: SLMail 5.x POP3 Remote Pass Buffer Overflow Exploit
:
: http://www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=3DCAN-2004-0942

CAN-2004-0942 (under review)

Description
Apache webserver 2.0.52 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a
denial of service (CPU consumption) via an HTTP GET request with a MIME
header containing multiple lines with a large number of space characters.

Thanks to point our eyes on this mistake.
In fact there is an error here:
http://www.k-otik.com/exploits/20041118.SLmail-5.5-POP3-PASS.py.php
sure it'll be soon corrected ;p

Perhaps you meant CAN-2003-0264:

Multiple buffer overflows in SLMail 5.1.0.4420 allows remote attackers to
execute arbitrary code via (1) a long EHLO argument to slmail.exe, (2) a
long XTRN argument to slmail.exe, (3) a long string to POPPASSWD, or (4) a
long password to the POP3 server.

Or is this a new/different issue?

It is another one discovered recently my muts

regards,
Jerome