Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Unusual Activity in Ad-aware 6 Personal, Build 6.181

From: Greg Kujawa <greg.kujawa () diamondcellar com>
Date: 22 Jun 2004 12:13:42 -0000

These files are similar to those that I found when posting a message to Bugtraq regarding unpatched MSIE
vulnerabilities. I doubt that Ad-Aware itself is creating these files. They are probably being pulled or scanned from a
Temporary Internet Files folder. That's where I found mine after testing out a malicious site. The site installed
spyware and these handful of temporary files you refer to were left in the Temporary Internet Files folder.