Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Question About Ethics and Full Disclosure

From: "Syste Op" <sysop5 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:59:53 -0400

That's a good way of doing it. I think it would be better to shorten the period of time from 1-9 months to 1-5. When you're reporting a vulnerability, you should try and report the fix for it too. In my opinion, exploit code should be posted a few weeks after the vulnerability has been reported to ensure that the company works on a fix.
-OptiKal Mouse