Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: LinkSys WRT54G administration page availble to WAN

From: "Alan W. Rateliff, II" <lists () rateliff net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:56:36 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Gillespie [mailto:mgillespie () socket net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 9:29 AM
To: Alan W. Rateliff, II
Cc: bugtraq () securityfocus com
Subject: Re: LinkSys WRT54G administration page availble to WAN

 Initially I spoke with an outsourced group of individuals
that recommended
I forward port 80 inquiries to a null ip. This DOES work,
however is very
sloppy.

Agreed.  I would prefer the problem be fixed, but this does work when all
else fails. :/

 After repeated problems with remote admin STAYING on (keep
in mind, it was
disabled, along with various other settings) I again
contacted linksys where
a friendly individual informed me, "If you continue to have
the problem you
could just buy a new router".

This is pretty much what they told me, in not so many words.  I was
astonished and disappointed.

 All of this is documented in emails I have sent to Linksys.
I have spoken
to Jason Hardy throughout April (Linksys Product Support
Case#: 2423404 and
RE: Linksys Product Support Case#: 242340) however the issue
has yet to be
resolved.

I haven't been able to contact Jason for a couple of years.  The last
contact I had with him was an issue with the WAP11v1 ignoring DHCP
assignments from the Ascend Pipeline 75.  I'm glad to see he survived the
buyout.  I considered him a valuable contact; the kind of guy who knows that
needs to be done, but seems to be caught it a pool of red tape.

--
       Alan W. Rateliff, II        :       RATELIFF.NET
 Independent Technology Consultant :    alan2 () rateliff net