Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft technologies. By default, non-HIPAA compliant?

From: Dave Paris <dparis () w3works com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:50:20 -0400

Believe it. Banking is concerned with regulatory requiprements, Medical/HIPAA is concerned with privacy of data on every level, appropriate access to data, the ability to access data in an emergency in a secure, aduitable manner, and all other variations of complexities. The basic HIPAA electronic security guidelines consist of mandatory and "addressable" components. How each company addresses the "addressable" components is open to interpretation. Banking is stringent, to be sure - but HIPAA takes accountability and privacy to a whole new level.

Kind Regards,
-dsp