Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Re[2]: Hijacking Apache 2 via mod_perl

From: Steve G <linux_4ever () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:51:10 -0800 (PST)

At least, it's  possible  to  store  descriptors  table  and
implement  check for descriptor  in  every  perl  file/socket
function  inside mod_perl (and mod_php  and mod_something) and
only allow access to std descriptors and to  descriptors open
inside same script. The choice is between speed and security.

Right. To me, that sounds ideal. In these days of 3 GHz machines,
I don't mind a little extra checking if it makes things more
secure.

-Steve Grubb