Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: clamav 0.65 remote DOS exploit

From: Khalid J Hosein <khosein () isx com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 17:09:09 -0800

Nigel Horne wrote:

I tried reproducing the problem with the latest source in CVS, but had no problems.
0.65 is rather old, please try again with the latest version.

0.65 ist the latest stable (release) version, so I guess most production servers would
run it, instead of an CVS snapshot.

-Oliver

I also tried reproducing the problem using the release version, but could not duplicate the results (clamd crash). I'm interested though in finding out if others can in fact duplicate this behaviour, and if you can, what the end effect is if you're passing requests to clamd from amavisd-new (http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/). Thx!

_Khalid