Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: EEYE: Microsoft ASN.1 Library Length Overflow Heap Corruption

From: "Rainer Gerhards" <rgerhards () hq adiscon com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:36:07 +0100

I think Microsoft is using wording to keep the typical end user in a
warm and cozy state. Technically, except for AD services, each client
has a full server implementation and as such should be vulnerable. I
assume that many of those DSL-connected, non-firewalled home machines
are easy targets.

And that the server is more likely to be attacked is just an assumption
- in the days of class A vuln sweeps and random worm scans, I don't
think that servers are at most risk. In fact, I think the unprotected
home machines are...

Rainer