Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: RFC: virus handling

From: Volker Kuhlmann <list0570 () paradise net nz>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:59:12 +1300

A bounce should *always* include a MIME attachment of type
message/rfc822-headers which contains the full headers from the original
mail. This makes it relatively easy to check on the receiving side if the
original "Received: from" headers are valid, and simply drop bounces that
relate to messages that were originally sent with forged headers.

Outstanding idea.  If you (or anyone else on the list) already have a
tested procmail recipe for this, please share.  If not, let's make one
and share it around...

Done that:

http://volker.dnsalias.net/soft/procmail/virusnotification.rc

As a quick guess, the received: recipe catches 1/2 - 2/3 of all
recipe triggers because I don't care which rubbish it is.

Anything can be improved, of course.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.