Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: International DNS compromise?

From: <bill () dit-inc us>
Date: 6 Aug 2004 20:05:09 -0000

This is from China's "Great Firewall" sniffering their 54Gbps International traffic.

I presented some detailes at the HOPE conference in NYC last month. I posted the presentaion here:
http://www.dit-inc.us/report/hope2004/cover.htm (click on the image to get in)

Regarding this DNS hijacking thing, it is worth mentioning that root DNS server in China may hijack query from
neighbouring countries as well.

The black list for DNS hijacking is very small. TCP session hijacking list is longer, IP blocking blacklist is the
longest.

Bill